Here at SAU Tech we use Brightspace to host all of our courses. Even if you are not taking online classes with us, you will still use Brightspace to view your course syllabus. The Center for Online Learning is here to help if you ever encounter issues with Brightspace. You can contact us by phone at 870-574-4453 or we are located at the top floor of the Administration building. We are honored that you have chosen to come study with us at SAU Tech. We hope that you have a wonderful semester.
- Visit https://sautech.brightspace.com
- We recommend completing a system check before logging in. Select the system check link at the top of the login page. A screen will display showing the results of the browser check. Items that passed the check will show a checkmark to the left of the item. Items failing the check will be marked with a red "x." Instructions will be provided for correcting the problems so that your browser will function properly. The system check should be performed on ALL computers you use when taking your online course(s). Brightspace tends to work best with Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Enter your username. last name (first letter capitalized)+first letter of first name (capitalized)+last four digits of student ID
- Enter your password: Saut+last four digits of your Social Security Number
- For example, the last four digits of Jane Smith’s student ID are 1234 and the last four digits of her SSN are 6789. Jane’s username would be SmithJ1234. Her password would be Saut6789.
- Don’t forget to bookmark Brightspace in your web browser for easy access.
For tutorial videos of how to navigate Brightspace, visit the Brightspace Tutorials channel on YouTube at https://tinyurl.com/hrjmklv.
Students Taking Online Courses
If you are taking online courses with us for the first time, you are required to take Learning Strategies before gaining access to your semester courses. This quick training gives students hands-on practice using Brightspace and exposes students to some of the online services available at SAU Tech. Students will gain access to Brightspace 2 weeks before courses begin to complete this 30 minute training. If you need further assistance, please contact the Center for Online Learning for additional support.
Final Exams for Online Students
Your final exam must be administered by an approved proctor. Please note that most testing centers do require you make an appointment. View the Taking Online Exams (link https://www.sautech.edu/docs/proc_sites.pdf) document for more information about:
- Requirements with proctored finals.
- Additional items allowed during your test (if applicable).
- Approved proctor sites.
- Requesting to test at a site that is not pre-approved.
- Quick links for scheduling testing appointments:
Quick links for scheduling testing appointments:
For assistance with Brightspace, use one of the following methods to reach out for support:
- If you are logged in to Brightspace, lick on the Brightspace Help link located at the top navigation bar.
- Submit a Help Ticket at https://sautech.formstack.com/forms/brightspace_help_ticket
- Contact the Center for Online Learning at 870-574-4453. If you are on or close to campus, we are located at the top floor of the Administration building.
- Office Hours: Monday through Thursday - 7:30am to 5:00pm
Friday from 7:30am to 11:30am (During Fall and Spring Semester only.)