- What type of help is needed (e.g., fire, police, ambulance, etc.)? For a medical emergency on campus, generally request both an ambulance and campus security.
- Where is the emergency situation is, ie. building, floor, and room number or location?
- What happened (e.g., overdose, fall, fire, etc.)?
- What phone number are you calling from?
- How many persons need help?
- What is being done for the victim?
NOTE: Let the person you called hang up the telephone first; you hang up last. If you must leave the phone, leave the phone off the hook so that the call can be traced.